Advantages and Disadvantages of Sand Casting and Metal Casting
1. The metal type has a faster cooling rate, and the casting structure is denser, which can be heat treated and strengthened, and the mechanical properties are about 15% higher than the sand casting.
2, metal casting, casting quality is stable, surface roughness is better than sand casting, low scrap rate.
3. Good working conditions, high productivity, and easy for workers to master.
1. The metal type has a large thermal conductivity and poor filling ability.
2. The metal type itself is not breathable. Measures must be taken to effectively vent.
3, the metal type has no repellent, easy to crack and deformation during solidification.
1. Sand casting has lower cost, simple production process and shorter production cycle than other casting methods.
2. Since the molding materials used for sand casting are cheap and easy to obtain, the molds are easy to manufacture, and can be adapted to single-piece production, batch production and mass production of castings.
The quality of the sand and core sand directly affects the quality of the casting. The poor quality of the sand can cause defects such as pores, sand holes, sand sticks and sand inclusions.